Monday, February 18, 2008

WATCHING....MID & LATE WEEK

UPDATED 9:30pm 2/19/08


SNOW ADVISORY ISSUED


CLICK HERE TO READ











SURPRISE CLIPPER ...TRICKS ARE FOR KIDS


Be sure to check out "THE STORM IN ALVIN'S HEAD" at the bottom of the post to understand more about this type of storm.


This storm has hardly been mentioned yet I think this is one that catches a lot of people by surprise!


Tuesday Night into Wednesday looks to be more and more interesting around here. There will be a clipper system that moves out of Canada and brings us a COLD day. Somewhere "NEAR" the Ohio river (means 50 miles north to 50 miles south) a heavy band of snow will set up.

Here is our thinking on this. It will be all snow this go round:




  • Near 1AM: Snow Moves in

  • 3am-6am: Steady Snow

1"-2" Accumulation By Rush Hour



  • 6am-10am: Snow Continues

  • 10am-12pm: Tapers to flurries before ending

2"-4" Total Accumulation




THEN WE WATCH THURS NIGHT FOR A POTENTIAL WINTER STORM....







FINALLY A SNOWFALL MAP


When all is said and done, I think this Snowfall Map from Harris does a good job at giving us our total snowfall amounts from this storm. Everyone should pick up 2"-3" with this storm, and where that heavy band sets up as much as 4" can be expected.

CLICK THE MAP TO SEE A LARGER VIEW!




Is it snowing outside?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be a little boy
So old in my shoes
And what I choose is my choice
Whats a boy supposed to do?
The killer in me is the killer in you
My love
I send this smile over to you

Anonymous said...

Good call. I am sure a lot of people appreciated your constant careful watch to give the snow alerts and school reports.
Looks beautiful! Loved the pix.
Take Jackson sleigh riding and have fun!

Anonymous said...

Today is the greatest
Day I ’ve ever kown
Can’t live for tomorrow
Tomorrow’s much too long
I burn my eyes out
Before I get out

The Weather Man said...

The more I see the less I know
The more I like to let it go... hey oh...

Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder
Where it's so white as snow

Anonymous said...

Two little clouds one April Day
went sailing across the sky...
They went so fast that they bumped their heads and they both began to cry...
The big round sun came out and said "Oh never mind my dears...I'll shine my sun rays down on you and dry your fallen tears!"